Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jhene Akio "3:16am" Official Video

R&B Singer Jhene Akio has finally released the offical video for 3:16 am.Jhene uses the dark video to address her deepest darkest thoughts while singing, ‘I do not fear the fear of falling, I wanna fly, if it all goes well, then oh well…’. Her description of the video also makes you wonder if the song is about her fear of selling her soul:
I have really dark thoughts sometimes. The song is me exploring those types of thoughts. People are going to see the video and they are going to be like, ‘she sold her soul’ and it’s like I’m just being honest about the things I think about because I think people ignore them. But ignoring something doesn’t make it disappear, you have to kind of address it and understand [it]. That’s what 3:16 is. The hours of 3 and 5 is when I am really addressing those dark thoughts. There is clarity in those dark moments because you will go there and it comes from a very personal place. When you are true to yourself and honest with yourself, it’s easier for people to connect with you because you are being you.


Check out the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment