Friday, July 27, 2012

Jhene Akio's New Single Dedicated to Her Brother.

Earlier this week, Singer Jhene Akio lost her older brother Miyagi to cancer so she decided to write and record a song in his honor. The song is called "For My Brother". This is such a beautiful song and you can tell Jhene and Miyagi had a really strong relationship just by the things she says. She says things like " and if the angels call your name..baby please tell them you wanna stay", "You are more than just my brother. We were more like bestfriends, Nothing lasts forever, but I dont want this to end, So dont give up on us". Jhene took to Tumblr to explain the meaning behind her song.. Here's what she had to say..

"I wrote and recorded this myself on my lap top, for my brother…. Miyagi . this song was really just intended for him to hear….. but i thought it would be nice to share ….
i was so nervous to play it for him myself, so when i left to San Francisco on Thursday I had my TT play it for him….
She said his breath got calm as he listened and i know he heard every word ….
later that night he became the angel he was born to be and i am so grateful that he got to hear this before he left on his infinite journey….
now i hear him telling ME , what i was singing to him… to not give up .
i love you SO much Miyagi!!!! . Everything x2 now. Everything for you now …."


Now take a listen to the song & get your tissues ready cause this song sure is a tear-jerker.

No comments:

Post a Comment